Saturday, October 27, 2007

FINALLY an Update


I know I've been a VERY bad blogger (hanging my head) but today that changes ! I recently joined the local spinning guild in time to take part in their annual class day. There were a few classes I wanted to take bu decided on the two dyeing classes being offered by Judy Ness - a fiber arts teacher from Eugene, Oregon. She's taught at Black Sheep and OFFF. The classes I chose were crockpot dyeing and dyeing with natural extracts. The natural extract class was kind of an after-thought but turned out to be the class I liked better.

My first round of crock pot roving came out with too many white spots because I packed the pot with too much fiber - lesson learned. The second round was much better.

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

Well, I think your crock pot dying looks very good :). How long did you leave it in the crock pot and on low or high? Anyway they look great :).